A healthy and delicious take on a favourite Mexican dish that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
You will need: Serves 2
• 1/2 tsp oil
• 1/2 onion, minced
• 1 medium tomato, minced
• 2 table spoons chopped green chillies
• oil spray
• salt and pepper to taste
• pinch of cumin
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
• 30g grated white cheddar cheese (naturally lower in fat)
• 1 toothpick of dōTERRA Cilantro Essential Oil
• olive oil spray
• 2 tortillas
• 1 lime
1. Heat oil in a small pan. Add onions and cook one minute, add tomatoes, chillies, cumin, salt and pepper and cook another few minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In another medium non-stick pan, lightly spray the tortillas with oil on each side and heat a few minutes on both sides until tortillas gets crispy and pockets or air bubbles start to form inside. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, lightly spray more oil and add eggs, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until sunny-side up.
4. Just before serving add toothpick of Cilantro Essential Oil to tomato/onion mix. To serve, place a tortilla on each plate, top with egg, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and squeeze of lime.
Cilantro Essential Oil: From the leaves of the Coriander plant, Cilantro Essential Oil is commonly used for its fresh and tasty flavour. Read more about the benefits of Cilantro Essential Oil here.
Source: dōTERRA Newsletter