You will need:
• 1 large bunch of curly kale
• 1 cup sunflower seeds, plus a few for a garnish, if desired
• 1/3 cup raw almonds, preferably activated
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon chipotle or chilli powder, or to your liking
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 drops of dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil
• 1 1/4 cups filtered water
• 1 1/2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Small slice of crusty bread (optional)
• Sprinkle of parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Wash and pat dry kale leaves with paper towel or tea towel. Tear kale leaf into bite size pieces.
2. Place in a very large bowl.
3. Measure remaining ingredients into blender and combine until creamy and smooth.
4. Pour half the mixture over the kale leaves. Using two spoons or your hands, toss kale to coat, adding remaining mixture and ensuring that leaves are coated in folds and curls, working the mixture through the leaves really well.
5. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to tenderize the kale leaves.
6. Plate the greens and sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired and other optional ingredients.
Wild Orange Essential Oil: is cold-pressed from the orange peel, and is excellent for energising.
Click here to Read a study on the antibacterial activities of orange peel essential oil.