A perfect healthy snack or breakfast option that uses gluten-free ingredients and natural sugars.
Get the kids involved in helping bake these!
You will need:
• 2 cups oats or oat flour
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
• 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 drops of dōTERRA Cassia Essential Oil
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
• 1/4 cup honey or preferred sweetener
• 2 small apples finely chopped
• 2 small ripe bananas mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
2. If using whole oats, use a food processor to grind the oats until they reach a flour-like texture.
3. Mix the ground oats, chia seeds, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
4. Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add the yoghurt and apple sauce, then stir to combine.
5. Put the coconut oil, vanilla bean powder and honey in a small saucepan. Place over a very low heat and stir until it reaches a syrup-like consistency.
6. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir, then add the coconut-oil mixture.
7. Chop the apple and mash the bananas, add to the mixing bowl along with the cassia essential oil and stir gently.
8. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease a muffin tin, and fill each one 3/4 full.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
dōTERRA Cassia Essential Oil: A close relative of cinnamon, is notable for its wonderful fragrance. Cassia has been used for thousands of years for both its calming properties and fragrance. Read a study on the anti fungal activity present in cassia essential oil.